Monday 2 September 2013

That Was A Disaster

Many of you will have saw the story I hosted on /b/ this morning.

If you didn't manage to make it to the thread, don't worry. It was shit.

I've reviewed the story a few times now, spoken to several readers, and listed what I consider to be the main problems:

1. Repetitive combat.
Abigail got up and fell down five times in a row. Five. Fucking. Times. That isn't fun. That isn't erotic. It is boring.
2. Drawn out combat.
Five fucking repetitions of the same action. Not sexy, not fun, not a good story. 90% of the story took place in one room. The combat shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.
3. Piss poor planning.
This story was improvised. Without planning the storyline was weak, monsters were boring and unimaginative, and the protagonist was two dimensional.
4. Human errors.
I made far too many mistakes when editing stats, posting which items of clothing were destroyed/damaged, and allowed far too many inconsistencies to occur. (Her panties were pulled down when she was still wearing her shorts.)

In response to these I am drawing up a 5 point plan to ensure that in future my stories are of a far higher quality. Even higher quality than what you experienced when you enjoyed Jessie's Chateau and Suzi's Mansion.


  1. First and most importantly; I rang up my internet provider today and requested a stronger connection. One that would not randomly cut off like it did today. (To all the anon's today in the Officer Abigail thread, I am truly sorry. I have never bailed on a story so far on /b/ and I have no intention of doing so again in the future.) This will be fixed, enabling me to keep delivering you long story sessions.
  2. Properly plan the stories out.
    The Jessie and Suzi stories were great. Why? Because I planned them out. I spent hours designing monsters with unique attacks. Erotacacti, the buzzing anal bugs, the skeleton hands, the mirror being. These were good ideas that were the result of time being invested in my work. I learnt today that poor planning creates piss stories.
  3. There was too much fighting and not enough dying. Fights should last a maximum of 5 turns I reckon. By this point they should naturally end with you being raped, you escaping, or you killing the creature. I will be reworking the combat system to ensure that it is more streamlined.
  4. Threads on 4Chan aren't working atm. The problems are threefold: Anon's cheating on their rolls, trolls spamming the threads, and horny teens going through puberty posting idiotic shit which is ruining it for those who want to enjoy the story/game as well as the erotic content.
    I am going to host stories on chatrooms from now on. This should allow for several great advantages:
    -No samefags.
    -Multiple player characters!
    -Blocking of trolls.
    -No 404's!
    -Quicker replies to stories (No captcha!)
  5. Finally, I am looking to recruit two volunteers to help me plan, perform and write stories.
    If you are interested please write to onyxdime@gmail.com. I will get back to you with a few questions, we'll have a short chat and I'll let you know if you make the cut.
Once again, I apologise for today's appalling thread and story. The erotic story community, /B/, and my readers all deserve a higher standard of story than the shitty drivel that was written today.

The next major story will be held on September 9th. This will be the story you voted for, 'Detention' and will feature a possible 30 new monsters to encounter. I consider at least 10 of these to be extremely unique, and another 10 to be fairly unique. I hope that this, combined with the new combat system and use of a proper chatroom will deliver a far superior experience.

Luffles and apologies,

Onyxdime xx

3 comments:

  1. cool story bro(no, really cool story), i'll be waiting the next one good sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked the concept though, definitely worth revisiting with more planning. Also, since detention was chosen, will the other choices reappear with detention being replaced by a new one? The raccoon city one just sounds way to fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right,

      Detention will be removed from the list, and will be replaced by something new.

      In addition to this I will also remove Sex-Com because it was so unpopular with voters; and replace Generic Fantasty game with something specific so viewers know what they are actually going to get once they vote for it.

      So the next voting list will look something like this:

      1. The WMD's of Babylon
      2. Outbreak
      3. New Game (TBA)
      4. New Game (TBA)
      5. A specific fantasy themed game with full description.

      I'll look into revisiting Police Officer Abigail, but I can't see that story really going anywhere.

      Actually! I just had a brainwave for it. ;)

      It's going on the next list now. =D

      1. The WMD's of Babylon
      2. Outbreak
      3. The Romanian Investigation
      4. New Game (TBA)
      5. A specific fantasy themed game with full description.

      Delete